Invitations and article reviews test for participation

Super, I also know Dan and appreciate him a lot, indeed read this paper this summer with great pleasure, please do invite him

I actually quoted him in a previous post:

Not only does this article describes didactically and in great detail the functionning of predictive algorithms but he explains further develops on how we could use sociologist thinking to engage a process that would lead to “recalibrating our relationship to our tools” with the aim of creating a bed for technology practices that would be profitable to convivial structures, such as for example Illitch vision of communalism or Paolo Freire’s idea of pedagogy.

This is thoroughly different from a complete and uncontrolled opening of technologies that would for example give access to all data as the latter would indeed allow for appropriation and creativity by people, however while it would acknowledge the necessity of transforming existing social structures, the process will always fall back into existing systems of domination.

I also think this mode of thinking relates very much to the long term research of Antoinette Rouvroy about algorythmic governmentality : https://works.bepress.com/antoinette_rouvroy/